Madrid: el grupo zaj, 1968–1970. First edition. Twelve items of various sizes and formats, printed in various colors on varying paper types. Housed inside their two larger original mailing envelopes dated March 1968 and March 1970, respectively. Three items inside two smaller envelopes. With each mailing envelope bearing Juan Hidalgo’s address in Madrid stamped in black on the opening flap. Text in Spanish and English.
A dozen zaj publications from this experimental music and performance art group, which included Walter Marchetti, Juan Hidalgo, José Luis Castillejo, Esther Ferrer, and others.
1. ‘zaj en BILBAO,’ Juan Hidalgo, Esther Ferrer, Walter Marchetti. Bilbao, 1968. Unfolded 12.4 x 24.9 cm (4.9 x 9.8") card scored down the middle and printed in red on recto and verso on tan card stock. Unfolded example with faint bumps to corners, else near fine.
2. ‘Una Página de El Libro de Veinte Letras / A Page from the Book of Twenty Letters.’ José Luis Castillejo. Np, nd. Folded 21 x 27.5 cm (8.27 x 10.8") sheet printed in black on recto and verso on white paper. Horizontally folded down the middle, likely as issued, with trace amounts of age toning. Else near fine.
3. ‘“LA CAZUELA” presenta zaj en ALCOY con juan hidalgo, esther ferrer, walter marchetti.’ Juan Hidalgo, Esther Ferrer, Walter Marchetti. Alcoy, 1968.
Horizontal 24.4 x 10.5 cm (9.6 x 4.1") card printed in green on recto and verso on cream card stock. Age toning along the two shorter sides and bumps to corners, else near fine.
4. ‘SUPLEMENTO AL CALENDARIO UNIVERSAL zaj.’ Eugenio de Vicente. [Madrid], 1968. 17 x 9.6 cm (6.7 x 3.78") card printed in black on recto and verso on brown card stock. Light bumps to corners, else near fine.
5. ‘desnudo zaj. josé luis castillejo. madrid, enero 1968.’ José Luis Castillejo. Madrid, 1968. 13.7 x 20.9 cm (5.4 x 8.2") card printed in black on recto and verso on pink stock. Very good with faint bumps to corners and some wear along lower-right margin on both sides.
6. ‘PF-PARTY con zaj.’ [grupo zaj.] Madrid, 1968. 13.7 x 9.4 cm (5.4 x 3.7") card printed in blue on light gray stock. Faint bumps to corners, else near fine.
7. ‘UN HUEVO DE JUAN HIDALGO PARA LA PASCUA ZAJ.’ Juan Hidalgo. Madrid, 1968. 8.4 x 13.2 cm (3.3 x 5.2") oval card in the shape of an egg printed in Day-Glo pink on recto side on white stock. Housed inside original small envelope hand stamped in black front and on the opening flap with the address of Juan Hidalgo.
8. ‘zaj en bonn visitó la casa de beethoven el 28 de mayo de 1968.’ Juan Hidalgo, Walter Marchetti. Np, 1968. 24 x 18 cm (9.5 x 7.1") card printed in gray on recto and verso. Very good with a few handling creases and bumps to corners.
9., 10. ‘leo zaj’ and ‘¿cuál es el 69 zaj?.’ Juan Hidalgo. Madrid, 1968 and 1969. Two cards, the first of which is 9.4 x 6.7 cm (3.7 x 2.6") printed in yellow on recto and verso on white stock. The second of which is 10 x 6.5 cm (3.9 x 2.6") printed in red and blue on red on white stock. Both housed inside a small brown kraft envelope. Bumps to corners on envelope, and cards with faint age toning. Else near fine.
11. ‘La escritura moderna / Modern writing.’ Jose Luis Castillejo. Bonn, 1970. 20 x 13 cm (7.9 x 5.1") card printed in green on recto and verso. Trace amounts of age toning, else near fine.
12. ‘una hora de zaj.’ Walter Marchetti. Madrid 1970. 37 x 35 cm (14.6 x 13.8") broadside folded twice, likely as issued, printed in blue on recto side. Fold lines and trace amounts of age toning, else near fine.
Two larger mailing envelopes good to very good with postage markings, handling creases, and bumps to corners. Item #896
Out of stock